Friday, November 6, 2009

Musing on photographs

It will be hard to give justice to the places on my list without photos, and since I have not yet been there, naturally I will only have access to photos from other people. 

There are some wonderful shots on the internet, but respecting copyright means that I can't post them here.   I may try getting permission from individuals, but most of the good shots are from professionals.

As I was looking for someone to contact about Kangaroo Island (and no, I did not find anyone I felt comfortable asking), I found a wonderful Flickr group that posts images of rock forms.  I was in heaven.  I had to be careful not to short out the computer as I stared in awe at the images, probably drooling.

So I joined the group.  I don't know if I will ever have any photos to contribute, but I will certainly be a regular visiter.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/rockforms/

Postscript.  I decided to include a free wallpaper image of Kangaroo Rocks and found someone willing to share their Malaspina Galleries photo, so added them to the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment